Which pathways are offered?
- Business Finance—This pathway prepares students to work in a business setting to manage and implement policy and strategy for an organization's capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation.
- General Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Marketing Communication—This pathway prepares students to work in business settings to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising promotions, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Art/Graphics Director
- Benefits Specialist
- Bill and Account Collector
- Business Consultant
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Benefits Specialist—$63,000/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$36,020/year
- Promotions Manager—$132,620/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- The NOCTI Advertising and Design Job Ready Assessments
- The NOCTI Financial and Managerial Accounting Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Finance Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)**
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2020.
**Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.