Stride Career Prep
Hgh School students can prepare for college and career with Stride Career Prep.
What is Stride Career Prep?
Stride Career Prep is an innovative, tuition-free online program that combines traditional high school courses with industry-relevant, career-focused electives—giving students a jump-start on their college and career goals. While working toward their high school diplomas, students can choose from a variety of courses in these high-demand career fields: Business and Information Technology. Washington-certified teachers provide live online instruction and tailor teaching to student needs. Students can participate in career-oriented clubs, gain workplace skills, and prepare to take industry-recognized certification exams in their chosen career path upon graduation.*
Career-focused courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following career fields:
- Business: Careers in finance, marketing, and planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Learn more about Business.
- Information Technology (IT): Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level,
technical, and professional careers related to the design, development,
support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems
integration services. Learn more about Information Technology.
Learn More About Career Pathways
Hear from Cecily Kiester, Head of School for Insight School of Washington, as she provides information about the Stride Career Prep student experience.
DECA is a not-for-profit student organization in high schools and colleges around the globe that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management. Founded in 1946, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators, and business professionals.
Participation allows students to:
- Practice key leadership skills such as goal setting, consensus building, and project management
- Explore professional options, discover new career paths, and access new opportunities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Take part in programs and activities that use the latest technology and apply cutting-edge research
*Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.